Maandag - Vrijdag:
8:30 - 17:00 uur
HiCAD 2021 SP1
| Aktuelles | Software Updates
Service Pack 1 for HiCAD 2021 is available - with numerous new and enhanced functions!
One focus of the further development was the modernisation of the sketch technology and the processing of parts on the basis of sketches. The sketching tools for planar sketches and 3D sketches have been unified and combined into one function. This means that a sketching tool with a modern look and modern functions is now also available for plane sketches. The sketching tool has also been significantly expanded, so that many functions that could previously be called up separately are now replaced by the new sketching tool. The deriving of solids from 3-D sketches, the extension of the Divide functions, the redesign of the Fillet function, the new tool for checking standard parts and the extended attribute filters in the IFC import are also worthy of mention.
In addition, numerous industry enhancements have again been incorporated into HiCAD 2021 SP1. Examples are the connection of Sheet Metal parts with features, the insertion of intermediate platforms with the Staircase Configurator, the individual mounting of start and end posts to the sub-structure of railings, the enhancements in the calculation of transitions and the dynamic route change in Plant Engineering, the use of part filters in the automatic updating/creation of drawings with the Drawing Management module and much more.
Itemized source models
New in the Drawing attributes dialogue window is the checkbox Itemised source model (Attribute #PMOD). The checkbox determines whether a model drawing is an itemised source model or not. An itemised source model is a model drawing in which itemisation is allowed.
As of SP1, it is also possible to group the result list by item numbers in the function Part statistics.
- If the model drawing (To existing drawing) is selected as the drawing target for derived drawings, the workshop or detail drawings are created in the sheet areas of the current model drawing. The item number of the part with detail drawing on the sheet will appear in the sheet name. If more than one part in the sheet area has a detail drawing, the sheet name will contain a list of item numbers, e.g. 100-105 or 101,103,109 etc.
- In the default settings for sheet metal parts in the drawing derivation, the view from the left has been deactivated. This means that the view from the left is not automatically generated for sheet metal parts during drawing derivation.
- As of HiCAD 2021 SP1, the option Automatic is also available for the arrangement of sectional views in the drawing derivation. If this setting is selected, HiCAD tries to place the section views in such a way that the display is as clear as possible e.g.: An aligned display is preferred and zhe distances between the views are chosen in such a way that the representation fills as much of the surface as possible.
Drawing frames / Title blocks
- In addition to the drawing sheet number, the sheet name can now also be output in the title block of the drawing frames. The new special attribute $BLATTNAME is available for this purpose. This attribute is taken into account when filling in the title block with the function Complete title block, with attributes.
- When outputting the print date via the variable @PLOD@, the Date format set in Configuration Editor is taken into account.
Manage drawing scales
The function Manage drawing scales can also be called directly within certain scale functions. To do this, right-click in the scale field in the dialogue of the corresponding function and select the function Add scale in the context menu. In this way, further individual scales can be defined for the current model drawing without having to leave the current function
Attribute "Total quantity"
New in the Configuration Editor at Modelling > Part properties is the checkbox Calculate total quantity. If the checkbox is active, the number of times each part appears in the model drawing is determined during itemization (only in itemization mode By model drawings). This value is assigned to the attribute Total quantity (%06) and automatically updated when editing the parts, e.g. when deleting or repeating parts. In very large constructions, this update can have a negative impact on performance, for example when deleting assemblies. In such cases, the checkbox can be deactivated. If this is the case, then - after a restart of HiCAD - the next time the drawing is loaded, the attribute Total number of the affected parts will be deleted instead of calculated.
Manage drawing scales
The Manage drawing scales function can also be called directly within certain scale functions, e.g. Part scale. To do this, right-click in the scale field within the corresponding function and select the Add scale function in the context menu.
If a model drawing contains annotations or text blocks with HELiOS attributes, these are automatically updated from SP1 when the drawing is loaded. This behaviour can be switched off in the Configuration editor.
New Fillet dialogue
The Fillet dialogue window has had a redesign, now containing additional selection options for elements to be filleted, an improved preview, changed parameters, extended value input options etc.
- In addition to the selection of individual edges and surfaces, additional elements can now be selected for filleting via a context menu:.
- For edges, the edge direction is visualized. This depends on the cursor setting when selecting the edge.
- Intermediate points for variable filleting can be specified either as a percentage of the length of the edge to be filleted or as a point option.
- Variables and formulas can be used in all input fields.
- The preview has been improved and can now be updated either automatically or by clicking.
Combined Sketching Tools
The sketching tools for planar sketches and 3-D sketches have been unified and combined into one function. This means that a sketching tool with a modern look and modern functions is now also available for planar sketches. The Sketching Tool has also been significantly expanded, so that many functions that could previously be called up separately are now replaced by the new Sketching Tool.
- Switching from drawing on a grid to free drawing can be done directly with the Sketching Tool. There is no need to start an additional function.
- Arcs can now be attached to a line directly by selecting the last point.
- New polylines within a sketch can be started directly without having to call the function again.
- HCM constraints can be set automatically directly at the drawing. This can be activated / deactivated in the dialogue window for each sketch element. While drawing sketch elements, this automatism can also be switched off for individual elements by simultaneously holding down the SHIFT key.
- The display of the grid reference when creating 2-D and 3-D sketches with the Sketching Tool can be set in the Configuration Editor. You can set the line type and colour of the axes and the axis length. And you can choose when the grid reference should be displayed.
New part from 3-D sketch
You can derive a solid from a 3-D sketch. This solid consists of planar surfaces and the body edges are the lines of the sketch.
The Divide function has been completely revised. With this function you divide a part based on a planar sketch. Each line of the sketch is a section line that divides the part into two section regions. Connected lines are treated as one line. This means, for example, that a sketch consisting of three connected lines also divides a part into two cutting regions. Each section region can consist of several parts, whereby the number of parts is determined by the actual number of lines. The main feature Divide with sketch is assigned to the leading part (highlighted red when executing the function). With this feature the sketch can be edited later and the gap can be changed. All other parts created are assigned the feature from division. As with the Divide along direction function, a corresponding feature is now also created here.
Divide along direction
The function Divide along direction has been revised. The display of the cut planes in the preview is omitted. Only the division direction and the division points are visualised. Furthermore, dividing can now also be done by selecting points.
Part attributes - Delete usage
In the Part attributes masks, fields highlighted in light yellow are fields that are locked for manual input. This applies, for example, to the Usage type. Here you only have the option of selecting a usage type from the catalogue. As of HiCAD 2021 SP1, the contents of several of these fields can now be deleted with one click.
- In the Configuration Editor it is now possible to define for the model space as well as for the drawing sheets (sheet views) whether the active view should be highlighted by a coloured frame in the drawing.
- Since HiCAD 2021, a sectional or detail view belonging to the active view can be displayed as large as possible with the functions Zoom to sectional view or Zoom to detail view. The sectional or detailed view then becomes the active view. From SP1 onwards this also applies if the sectional view is on a different sheet than the original view.
- If the viewing direction in sectional views is perpendicular to the leading cut plane, then it will be tracked from SP1 onwards when the section path is changed manually, i.e. it will also be perpendicular to the cut plane after the change. This is especially important for variable-controlled models. However, if you have changed the viewing direction manually, then it will not be changed.
- For limited section views, the limiting sketch (i.e. the sketch for the detail shown) is in the leading cut plane. This is usually also the case when you have extracted a detail (with the sketch as detail section) from a section view. If the leading cut plane now changes, then from SP1 the sketch for the detail section is adjusted so that it is again in the cut plane.
- From SP1 onwards, the centre of gravity of the sketch or - in the case of detailed view cuboid/sphere - of the cuboid/sphere is used as a reference point and remains in this position in the drawing if possible.
- With the function detail view cuboid/sphere, point symbols are displayed at the corners of the bounding box from SP1. The box size can thus also be influenced by dragging the point symbols. You can use the point options of the Autopilot and the Point options menu.
- With the new function Delete standard dimensions, In active sheet all dimensions in the views of the active sheet can be deleted in one step.
- If the form and position of parts to which drawing dimensions refer changes, then the position of the dimensions may also change. Previously, individual dimensions were placed in relation to their first base point. When the geometry was changed, the new dimension was placed in such a way that the length of the dimension auxiliary line of the first base point was again as in the unchanged state. In many cases this led to rather unaesthetic results. As of SP1, the placement logic of the measurements has changed. The length of the shortest projection line after the change should correspond to the length of the shortest projection line before the change. The case can also occur that the shortest projection line is assumed at different base points. The behaviour described above applies analogously to structural dimensions.
- From SP1 onwards, further attributes can be used in 3-D annotation tags: HELiOS item attributes of the part, attributes from the HELiOS document master of the part, drawing properties, e.g. main scale, name and number of the drawing sheet on which the annotation is located and name and scale of the view and attributes of the HELiOS folder to which the model drawing belongs.
- The attribute selection has been improved. Each attribute is marked with a symbol indicating the attribute group. When you move the cursor over an attribute, a tooltip will be displayed, showing you to which attribute group the attribute belongs.
- If attributes are marked as favourites in the Annotation Editor, the list of favourites is automatically expanded when you click on the Attributes button.
- If a model drawing contains annotations with HELiOS attributes, then from SP1 these are automatically updated when the drawing is loaded. This behaviour can be switched off in the Configuration Editor.
Colour of point clouds
From HiCAD 2021 SP1 onwards a false colour representation can be selected for point clouds. This is particularly interesting for point clouds that do not have their own colour information. The colour is assigned via the ICN window Properties and there via the rows Colour mode and User-defined colour.
Exchanging identical point cloud references
If several point cloud parts have a missing reference when loading a model drawing, it is often the same reference. In this case, the reference does not have to be selected again for each part, but all parts with identical reference are updated accordingly. This means that it is sufficient to select the new reference for one of these parts.
When defining and editing clipping boxes, point symbols are now also displayed at the corners of the box. By dragging these symbols, the clipping box can also be changed. This way you can also use point options of the Autopilot and the Point options menu.
Save parts as variants
When saving parts as a variant with a catalogue entry, from HiCAD 2021 SP1 it is also possible to store them in the catalogue Factory standards > Purchased/Factory standard parts.
Shaft seals DIN ISO 3601-1
The standard DIN 3771 for shaft seals has been withdrawn and replaced by DIN ISO 3601-1.
Boltings - User-specific threads
From SP1 onwards, user-defined threads can be selected from the catalogue Factory standards > User-defined processings > User-defined threads - depending on the selected screw/bolt type - when inserting boltings in your model drawing.
Spherical plain bearing
The revision of the display of bearings started with HiCAD 2021 has been continued in SP1 with the revision of the spherical plain bearings and spherical plain bearing rod ends. The new parts allow the selection of all edges and surfaces and present themselves as one part in every respect. This applies, for example, to highlighting and part selection.
ISD template for hexagon head screws
The table ISD template hexagon head screw is available in the catalogue Fasteners > Bolts+Screws > Hexagon head bolts. This table contains a predefined and parametrically designed 3-D part that you can use as a basis for new hexagonal bolts.
Standard part check
HiCAD offers you the possibility to test newly created or extended standard part tables. A corresponding macro is available for this purpose. This macro checks whether a problem has been detected for a table row, whether there are problems with the consistency of the values in the table and whether all four different display options are available. The results are displayed in a result list and the checked standard parts are inserted in a model drawing at the same time. A collision check is also performed for each part. After the end of a check, the generated parts are sorted geometrically - by type of representation - in the model drawing so that they can also be checked again manually.
IFC Import - Enhanced attribute filters
As of SP1, the properties Position and Material are additionally available as attribute filters. Furthermore, the file can now also be filtered by Property Sets. These property sets depend on the source system and the respective file. Several filter criteria can be combined with AND or OR. This now covers the following scenarios, for example:
- Exclude all assemblies with the name xxx including the auxiliary parts as well as all parts with a certain criterion from the remaining assemblies
- Importing all assemblies with the name xxx except parts with certain criteria
Update imported 3-D parts
The Update import, via 3-D interface function has been extended in SP1. After the update, an evaluation of the update is displayed with the following information: parts in the previous import, newly imported parts and unambiguously assigned parts among them. This dialogue is used to illustrate to what extent it was possible to transfer the attributes from the old parts to the new ones and whether there were changes in the number of parts.
- View-specific properties will be preserved after the update.
- Set scales will be preserved after the update.
- Copies of imported parts can be updated like originals.
With the new function Connect sheets you can connect bent sheets with an own feature log. The feature log of the added sheets is hung under the log of the active sheet and the added sheets are deleted. The creation feature and the other feature steps such as Attach flange are retained. In the part structure, the flanges and bend zones are also attached to the active sheet. The added sheets are deleted from the part structure.
Sheet from surface
The automatic search on one side has been added to the function New sheet from surface. This means that sheet-like parts that have been imported via 3-D interfaces, for example, can only be searched on one side of the surface.
Sheet development - Path for acute inner corners
In acute corners, the outer contour cannot be milled exactly with the standard milling cutter. In practice, a cutter with a smaller diameter is used here. In the development calculation, paths for the treatment of acute corners can optionally be generated on a separate layer.
Point in Part CS
It is now possible to convert point options of features to absolute coordinates in the part coordinate system. For this purpose, the new function Point in Part CS is available in the context menu of a point option of a feature, which converts the previously selected point.
The recalculation of assemblies that have been parameterised with the Part HCM has been accelerated by up to a factor of 7.
Point numbers on isolated points
When a point number is assigned to an isolated point, the Point number attribute of the Isolated point feature is now set instead of creating a separate log entry for it.
Drag & Drop, Import and Export in the Part variables docking window
The Part variables window of the ICN has been extended by further functions:
- It is now possible to move part variables within an assembly structure by Drag & Drop.
- The commands CSV export and CSV import are available in the context menu of the parts or assemblies.
Automatic generation of HCM constraints during sketching
In the course of changing the sketch functions, the automatic creation of HCM constraints has also been adjusted. Thus, in the Settings dialogue box, it is now only generally to be set whether automatic creation of HCM constraint is desired during sketching. The other settings, which constraints exactly are to be generated, have been moved to the dialogues for the individual sketch functions. This now makes it possible to quickly switch the generation of constraints on and off during designing.
Improved Z-axis display for fasteners
If you want to couple a part with a fastener via an HCM constraint, the Z-axis of the fastener is often of interest. This is highlighted by HiCAD at this time and can be selected directly by mouse click. What is new in Service Pack 1 is that the Z-axis is now extended during display and protrudes a little beyond the part both at the front and at the back. This makes it much easier to select the Z-axis without having to rotate the view first.
New automatic positional constraints
When constructing sketches, the Automatic positional constraint function is available, which automatically generates positional constraints. This function has been extended and can now generate more types of positional constraints.
- Coincidence of points and lines, optionally only for connected geometries
- Coincidence of lines
- Equal radius
Stiffeners with holes for galvanisation
If, for the connections Stiffener (2401), Beam to web, with 2 plates and stiffener (1211) and Front plate connection to flange (2330) Ext. fillet is selected in the Type field under Internal corner when creating the stiffeners, then you can determine from SP1 whether the stiffeners are to be provided with holes for galvanisation.
- From SP1 onwards the Staircase Configurator offers elongated plates as stringers for staircases.
- In addition to platforms at the stair start and stair end, several intermediate platforms are now possible. It should be noted that intermediate platforms must be added depending on the DIN standard. For example, according to DIN 18065, a maximum of 18 steps without intermediate platforms is possible for building staircases. This means that the staircase may have to be divided into several staircase segments, whereby an intermediate platform must be installed between two staircase segments.
The post connection for the substructure can now be determined separately for start, intermediate and end posts and corner posts. Start and end posts can also be determined individually, i.e. independently of the intermediate posts.
Steel Engineering plates with processing direction
As with Sheet Metal parts, the calculation of the length and width of Steel Engineering beams now also takes into account whether a processing direction is assigned to the plate.
Prototype beams from catalogue
When installing prototype beams, an article master assigned to the beam in the catalogue editor was not taken over until now, since the dimensions can be changed individually during installation. For this reason, two new functions are available as of SP1. In contrast to the previous functions for prototype beams, here prototype beams from the catalogue are installed, whose dimensions (except for the total length) cannot be changed in the dialogue. If assigned, the article master is also taken over.
Shipping list, short, with image
The Excel template HiCAD_Stahlbau has been extended by another worksheet: Shipping list, short, with image. This shows the same information as Shipping list, short, but additionally contains a picture of the parts.
Steel Engineering plates - Attribute: Designation 2
In the case of steel engineering plates, the width was previously output before the length in the Designation 2 attribute. From HiCAD 2021 SP1 this behaviour has been changed. In the same way as for Sheet Metal parts, the length is now output before the width.
Automatic updating/creation of drawings via part filter
The automatic updating and creation of drawings can now also be restricted via parts filters. For example, you can search for specific beams or plates and update/create drawings only for these parts.
Template for attribute assignment of manually created drawings
A corresponding template for attribute assignment is now also available for manually created drawings.
Drawing frame / Title block
The View scale and the Sheet name can now also be output in the title block in the Drawing Management. It is sufficient to adjust the title blocks in the drawing frames by using the variable belonging to the respective special attribute in the title block.
Managing dummy parts
Analogous to general 3-D parts, from SP1 the automatisms of the Drawing Management can also be used for dummy parts.
Article numbers for foils
In the Foil dialogue you can now influence the Article number of the created foil. You can either enter your own article number or, if you use a semi-finished product from the catalogue, take the article number from the catalogue.
Insulations along c-edges
For the installation of an insulation based on a cross-section, in addition to using a sketch, you now have the option of automatically deriving a contour from a section view. To do this, instead of selecting a sketch, you can instead identify a point in the section view. Starting from this point, a closed contour is then searched for.
With the functions Insulation along sketch and Insulation from border, it is now possible when using a semi-finished product to compress it to a different thickness. An example of this would be if insulation material with a width of 60 mm is to fit into a gap with a width of 55 mm.
With the new functions Building material along sketch, Building material from cross-section and Building material from border it is now possible to create general building materials in a drawing. The operation of the functions is based on the corresponding functions for creating Insulations.
Element installation and Sub-structures
Wall brackets for joints
In the Wall bracket function, it is now possible to assign specific wall brackets for joints. These are installed via the joint and taken into account in the distance calculations.
ALUCOBOND panels with flanges folded upwards
For selected ALUCOBOND panels, it is now possible to have the rearmost flange bent upwards as an alternative for some connections.
Attribute for uncut surface areas
In addition to the attribute DWF_PROFILE_AREA which contains the surface area of the cut profile, profiles created with the Profile installation function now also contain the attribute DWF_UNCUT_PROFILE_AREA, which contains the uncut area of a profile. This corresponds to the formula "Construction width x Length".
Elbows - Insertion options
The Adjust to displacement insertion type is no longer available for elbows in the Pipe parts function. As of HiCAD 2021 SP1, the Calculate transition function, which has been expanded accordingly, must be used in such cases.
Create guideline as sketch
Guidelines have been created as 3-D sketches in Plant Engineering since HiCAD 2021. As of SP1, unlike the 3-D Sketch function, when creating guideline sketches, the first point determined is also the origin of the sketch coordinate system.
- As of SP1, the elbows to be set no longer have to be defined via a component search, but can also be selected directly in the construction.
- If you select a connecting point that cannot be moved, it will be marked with an anchor as of HiCAD 2021 SP1.
- In the Pipe parts function, the Adjust to displacement insertion type is no longer available for elbows since HiCAD 2021 SP1. This is now completely taken over by the Calculate transition function.
- The function allows you to select connecting points where parts are already connected. Before HiCAD 2021 SP1, these parts were only removed when the transition is created. As of HiCAD 2021 SP1, the connecting directions of the connected parts (and also guidelines) are examined. The first direction that deviates from the selected connection direction is now understood as an indication of the desired elbow orientation. Additional suitable solutions are then calculated and offered.
- The function can also be used to set a weld seam gap subsequently, where the gap is set according to the settings for weld seams:
Dynamic route change
- Previously, the route change highlighted the entire selected pipeline network. This could sometimes lead to the fact that the essential changes to the pipeline route were difficult to recognise. As of HiCAD 2021 SP1, only the parts that are changed in length or position are now highlighted.
- Connection direction
While selecting the start point, the connection direction is now clearly shown as an arrow for each point. This means that after selecting the start point you can only change the pipeline route in the direction shown. If you want to deactivate this restriction, use Target point freely selectable in the context menu.
- The dynamic route change allows a very flexible adjustment of a pipeline route. However, full flexibility is often a hindrance, because having many possibilities also means being able to make many potential design errors. For this reason, with HiCAD 2021 SP1, some changes have been made to sensibly limit the flexibility of the dynamic route change. After selecting a start point HiCAD now automatically displays a pre-selection of fixed points. Fixed points are set at the ends of the pipelines, whereby each fixed point is located behind the last part that allows a change in length. Usually these are the straight pipes. A special role is played by fixed points that are set before the start point is determined. These are used as fixed points for all subsequently selected start points. If such points are present when the start point is selected, then no automatic fixed points are assigned.
New part from 3-D sketch
Connect sheets with feature
New fillet dialogue
Divide function completely revised
Sheet from Surface with milling edge zones
Standard part check
Dynamic route change - with direction mode
Staircase configurator - several intermediate platforms
Path for acute inner corners