HiCAD 2019 - Service Pack 1
Service Pack 1 for HiCAD 2019 presents itself with a multitude of new and enhanced functions throughout all industries. In addition, there significant performance increases could be achieved in various areas. One highlight in SP1 is the new Z-fold function in Sheet Metal. This function allows you to attach two flanges in one step, taking the specified parameters into account. Also new is the Editor for Railing Variants that allows you to save railing components such as posts, handrails, planar infills, transition infills, or Post-Railing connections as customer-specific variants. These variants will then be made available in the Railing Configurator, enabling you to create individual railing designs.
Other highlights include the redesigned 2D-Part Structure window in the ICN, the further enhanced Cross-bracings, the added standard parts, e.g. Fasteners acc. to ASTM standard, BRUCHA profiles, parts for pipeline planning in the food industry acc. to DIN 11851 etc. Also worthy of mention are the numerous new options and enhancements in the fields of Element/Profile Installation and Pipeline Planning.
- Improved performance
- Visualization of Bitmaps
As of SP1 Bitmaps in HiCAD drawings (for example logos in title blocks) are to be drawn in OpenGL for representation on screen. Thus, the performance is improved particularly for large bitmaps. An improvement by means of factor 60 could be targeted by testing with an example drawing.
- Switch drawing
By optimising intern routines as pitch of threads for polyhedral models and catalogue queries for thread textures amongst others, the switch drawing could be accelerated.
- Rotating views
With HiCAD 2018 SP2 rotating shaded views had been accelerated significantly, for shaded views with edges in particular. As of HiCAD 2019 SP1 the performance has again been considerably improved.
- Multiple selection
The Multiple selection of parts, i.e. the compilation of part lists has been significantly accelerated.
- Update referenced parts
These calculations have also been significantly accelerated by optimizing internal routines.
- Accelerated graphic preview
From HiCAD 2019 SP1, the graphic preview in the ICN is always drawn via OpenGL. The OpenGL mode is used, which most closely corresponds to the current view mode. This leads to a significant acceleration of the preview.
- Visualization of Bitmaps
- New display of 2-D Part structure in ICN
Like the 3D-Part structure tab in the ICN, the 2D-Part structure tab has had a redesign.
- Saving/Loading to or from cloud directories
If available, cloud directories such as Microsoft OneDrive or Dropbox are displayed when loading or saving drawings via HiCAD Explorer.
- Enhanced drawing derivation
- Views of developments of Sheet Metal can be created shortened as from now.
- So far, only the position of Steel Engineering plates and beams has been dimensioned (as sub-parts). In practice, simple Sheet Metal plates consisting of one flange are in use instead of Steel Engineering plates. As of HiCAD 2019 SP1 also Sheet Metal plates are dimensioned automatically as attached parts of a welded assembly.
- Previously, when the BOM relevance of a part was removed, the corresponding item data (item number, item text, and so on) was deleted. The item number of the part was then set to 0. As of HiCAD 2019 SP1, this behavior has been changed. If the BOM relevance of a part is removed, the item number is not removed, but only marked as invalid.
- For the Itemisation a further distinctive criterion, the Processing Direction, can be chosen for Identical Part Search.
- Design Checker
An additional check is available for Sheet Metal in the Design Checker. The new check Sheet dimensions defined by semi-fin. prod. (developed) checks the dimensioning for semi-finished products.
- Exploded layouts, too, can now be considered for export as 3D-PDF (*.PDF), Universal 3D (*.U3D) and Product Representation Compact (*.PRC) files.
- A performance increase by a factor of up to 5 could be achieved for IFC import and export.
Furthermore, a downsizing of exported files by a factor of up to 8 compared to older HiCAD versions could be achieved.
- The insertion of STL files in an active HiCAD Drawing via Drawing > Insert Part > STL Format has been adapted to the current algorithm and functionality of the import dialogue for STL files. At this point, you can also use the Separate Parts option to insert separate parts instead of a coherent solid primitive. In addition to an increase in performance, it was also possible to insert binary STL files into the drawing.
- Exploded views
- When changing or deleting mounting tracks of exploded views you can now right-click to open a context menu with further selection functions
- Exploded views can now be considered as 3D-PDF (*.PDF), Universal 3D (*.U3D) and Product Representation Compact (*.PRC) files for exports.
- Concentricity transformations can now be performed not just about an axis, but also about a point.
- The visibility of textures in the active views or in all views of a model drawing can be switched on or off. Switching off the visibility of textures can be helpful during the processing of large model drawings with many textures.
- When assigning textures, you have now the option to set parameters for the selected projection method, e.g. the cylinder axis or an angle for seam displacement.
- The Change texture function also allows multiple part selection.
- When defining your own textures with the New texture function, you can now save these to the catalogue WERKSNORMEN (Factory standards) > User-defined textures.
- Parametric cloning
New for linear patterns is the option Up to reference, with max. indiv. distance. The distance between the original and the last clone is determined here by the distance between the selected start reference and end reference. From this value and the specified maximum individual distance HiCAD will calculate the number of clones in such a way that their distance will not exceed the specified individual distance.
Since the Major Release 2019 the Variable dimensioning has been improved further with regard to the structure dimensions:
- Arbitrary base points can now be chosen.
- Besides points you can now choose edges for base point determination.
- Standard parts/processings
- HiCAD 2019 SP1 offers many new fasteners, e.g. acc. to ASTM Standard (American Society for Testing and Materials).
- New in the Standard Processings menu is the Processing direction function. Use this function to indicate the processing direction and processing side of a part, e.g. a Sheet Metal flge, to determine the direction of its coating or texturing. This function was previously available on the Sheet Metal Ribbon tab.
- In the Process sketch dialogue, which can be called via the Feature log of a sketch used for the processing of parts (e.g. C-edge sweep, Extruded part, Revolved part, Add part etc.), the Undo and Redo option will now be available, allowing you to revoke or restore processings.
- Enhanced Dependent assembly function
- When you select a HCM constraint in the ICN, the sketch elements affected by it will be highlighted in your drawing.
- If you use HCM constraints in conjunction with Sheet Metal parts, references will often refer to flanges or bend zones. In older versions, the reference was often displayed as Sheet flange or Bend zone in the HCM window of the ICN. Now, such reference are always displayed as Sheet Metal.
- Selected HCM dimensional constraints are now highlighted in the drawing by the special colour Marking 5.
- Through various optimizations the performance of HiCAD with regard to the loading of model drawings containing very many HCM constraints could be increased significantly.
- The Automatic positional constraints function for planar sketches and 3-D sketches now contains, beneath the Parallel option, the additional Also on Parts CS option.If this option has been activated, line elements running parallel to an axis (or, in 3-D sketches, also parallel to a plane) of the Part CS, will be assigned a Parallel constraint with regard to it.
- Positional constraints containing a reference to an axis or plane of the coordinate system will now be given particular attention: For instance, a parallelism constraint referring to the X-axis of the Sketch CS will not just be listed as Parallel in the ICN, but as Parallel to X. Also, the symbols of the positional constraints will be displayed both in the ICN and in the sketch.
- New Z-fold
The new Z-fold function allows you to attach 2 flanges to a sheet with one single working step. As soon as your inputs are sufficient, a preview of the new flanges will be displayed. The Z-fold can then be changed via the Feature log.
- Sheet along sketch, with non-tangential transitions
The Sheet along sketch function now also considers non-tangential transitions between a straight line and a an arc. Where the line bends, a bend zone or a milling edge zone will be inserted.
- Bending simulation in section views and detail views
When performing bending simulations you can now also identify the edge for the base sheet in the sectional view or detail view. The bending simulation will then be performed in the original view.
- Export sheet developments as STEP files
The functions for data exchange of sheet developments have been enhanced. Besides DXF/DWG, XML and GEO you can now also export STEP files.
- Cut off corner - 3 milling edge zones
Sheets for Element Installation panels will now be assigned notchings that are suitable for production when applying the Cut off corner function.
- When you click on the Extended settings button of the Sheet development parameters dialogue window and open the Edges and lines tab, you will now find new checkboxes for the element types Crosshairs, Embossing lines, Direction symbols and Powder marking lines. If the respective checkbox has been activated, the parameters set here will be considered for development. If the checkbox is deactivated, the pre-setting will be used.
- If two flanges abut when performing a development without clearance, a new line representing a separating cut will be inserted in the development. If the front surface of a bend zone directly abuts on a flange, here, too, a separating cut line will be inserted. If you do not want to show separating cut lines between flanges, or between flanges and bend zones, deactivate the corresponding checkbox.
- You can now select via the Sheet development parameters how a created development is to be displayed. The default value is Hidden Line.
- When milling composite panels the coated side is normally the bottom side. With the Invert upper side option you can rotate the upper side to the X- or Y-axis when creating the development.
The Cross-bracing (2602) has been further enhanced. In previous versions, the connection automatically supplied the gusset plates. From HiCAD 2019 SP1 onwards you have the option to use already existing plates on the beams as gusset plates. This can be useful in situations where you want to insert two cross-bracings between two beams, and mount the second cross-bracing to the gusset plates of the first cross-bracing. Also new is the option to insert a cross-bracing between plates (which are not assigned to any beam). Furthermore, additional options are available for rectangular gusset plates, which influence the position of the connecting plate in relation to the gusset plate.
- Stabilizing pipe
The Fixing tab of the Stabilizing pipe connection has been revised. Beneath Stabilizing pipe you can now determine whether the gusset plate is to be mounted to the front or back of the connecting sheet or T-profile, respectively. Also, you can rotate the connecting plate and T-profile 90° by activating the corresponding checkbox.
- Editor for customer-specific railing variants
Railing components such as posts, handrails, transition infills, corner infills or the Post-Handrail connection can now also be saved as customer-specific variants. These variants will then be available in the Railing Configurator, allowing an individual composition of railings.
- Non-BOM-relevant construction sections and product structure
HiCAD model drawings in Steel Engineering are often split into so-called construction sections, e.g. frameworks, platforms, columns, platform support structures etc. These construction sections are normally non-BOM-relevant structure assemblies, which were previously not transferred to the HELiOS product structure. From HiCAD 2019 SP1 onwards, the new usages Construction section or Production section are available. Construction sections/structure assemblies can now also be transferred to the HELiOS product structure if they are not BOM-relevant.
- No updating of drawings while production documents are open
If an external production document, e.g. a PDF file, has been opened in HELiOS, a drawing that is linked to it cannot be updated in HiCAD. In such as case HiCAD will issue a corresponding message. In this situation you have the option to end the editing by choosing Extras > Show workspace and clicking the corresponding button in the HELiOS workspace dialogue window. When you then perform an update, the opened external document, too, will be updated in the background. When you open this document again, all changes will then be visible.
- Updating of models with old referenced parts
Like production drawings, you can now also manage construction sections (i.e. referenced part models) in HiCAD. For this purpose, the new links Model up to date and Model not up to date have been introduced.
- Enhancements for ALUCOBOND® Tray panels SZ-20
- From HiCAD 2019 SP1 onwards, all reinforcement plates will be riveted.
- For the lateral type of attic connections, HiCAD 2019 SP1 will offer additional options on the new Extensions for SZ-20 Standard tab. For instance, you can specify here whether flanges are to be attached and if so, on which side, and whether the corner attics are to be created with or without clamping profile.
- When connecting an element installation of the type SZ-20 to a sub-structure, while the connection type Window connection, Parapet has been chosen, not just bores, but also rivets will be created.
- ALUCOBOND® suspended
- An additional tab called Extensions for standard for attic connections is now available for suspended tray panels.
- On the Extended settings tab you can now specify the edge distance of the top agraffe, the edge distance of the bottom agraffe, and the maximum distance of agraffes.
- When connecting a sub-structure to elements of the connection type Attic, long, the corresponding connections, too, will now be correctly visualized.
- Automatic creation of inserts
You have now the option to automatically place inserts in openings of profile installations.
- New catalogue: BRUCHA profiles
Profiles of the company BRUCHA have been added to the catalogue.
- Improved Length optimization function
The Length optimization has been improved to make its operation easier. You have now the option to add all profiles of one length to the active selection via the context menu function Add profile(s) to selection. Also, the number of different profile lengths and the total waste will now be indicated in the middle of the dialogue window.
- Hatching of unpackaged profiles
Searching for unpackaged profiles with the Packaging function, too, has been made easier: At the bottom of the dialogue window you can find the Hatch the x unpackaged profiles checkbox, with x being the number of profiles in the model drawing to which no package has been assigned yet. If you activate this checkbox, all affected profiles will be hatched.
Pipeline planning and isometry
- Delete several parts
The performance for part deletion has been increased significantly.
- Inserting parts in flow direction / against flow direction
From HiCAD 2019 SP1 onwards, the flow direction (and no longer the edge direction) will be used for the determining of the orientation of parts placed onto guidelines. During part insertion, appropriate flow direction arrows will be displayed.
- Trimming of guidelines
After insertion of a new guideline and during processing of existing guidelines HiCAD will now check whether the relevant pipeline contains a guideline on which the start point and also the end point of the new/processed guideline is located. If this is the case, the edges that would be trimmed away will be highlighted. At the same time, an appropriate message will be displayed.
- If you confirm the trimming when inserting a new guideline, the already existing guideline will be trimmed and expanded by the new guideline. This means that no new guideline will be created, but only the existing guideline will be modified.
- If you confirm the trimming during processing of an already existing guideline, the highlighted edges will be removed and the two guideline will be merged into one.Nach dem Einbau eines neuen Leitkantenzuges und beim Bearbeiten vorhandener Leitkantenzüge prüft HiCAD jetzt, ob es in der Rohrleitung einen Leitkantenzug gibt, auf dem sowohl der Anfangs- als auch der Endpunkt des neuen bzw. des bearbeiteten Leitkantenzuges liegen. Ist dies der Fall, dann werden die Kanten farbig hervorgehoben, die beim Trimmen entfernt würden. Parallel dazu wird eine entsprechende Meldung
- Create pipeline - BOM-relevance
New pipelines can be marked as BOM-relevant directly during their creation by activating the new BOM-relevant checkbox.
- Dynamic route change
The Dynamic route change function offers a multitude of options which, however, were only active after selecting a point to be moved. In model drawings with very many connections, this could sometimes lead to confusion if the cursor had to move over a multitude of connections on its way to the dialogue window. While the Allow direction changes option was activated, unwanted route change calculations and their subsequent cancellation were often the result. The previous behaviour also made a local displacement of valve more difficult, since the fixed point required for this could only be specified after selecting the point to be moved. To improve operability in such cases, HiCAD now offers all dynamic route change options right from the start. In particular, it is now possible to specify fixed points, connections with fixed angles and fixes lengths sections before selecting the point to be moved.
- Spreading isometries over several drawing sheets
In previous versions, when you spreaded an isometry over several sheets, one new drawing was created for each section of the pipeline (and, if HELiOS is used, a new document master was created). If an isometry was subdivided several times, things could easily get confusing. From HiCAD 2019 SP1 onwards, only one drawing will be created for each pipeline. If a pipeline isometry is subdivided, the old isometries will be deleted, and the partial isometries will be created in the same drawing. In the process, the symbols of the isometries will be arranged into assemblies and one sheet will be created for each part isometry.
- Associated pipeline indicated
The pipeline to which a part belongs is now displayed in the Part information as well as in BOMs.
- Model welding necks as flanges
From HiCAD 2200 it will be possible to insert welded necks with loose flanges. The logic in older versions interprets the welding neck as a straight pipe to which regular loose flanges are assigned. However, this logic is not optimal if you want to create an isometry of the pipeline, as the flange symbol of the loose flange will then be slightly displaced. As of HiCAD 2019 SP1 you have an alternative to model such a combination of welding neck and loose flange. When using this procedure, the flanging must be of the type "Flange", while the loose flange is an asymmetrical fastener.
- Asymmetrical T-pieces
In previous versions, T-pieces were always symmetrical, i.e. the inserted pipe had always to be located in the middle between the named points 1 and 2. From now on, you can also insert asymmetrical T-pieces.
- Parts for pipeline planning in the food industry
The standard part inventory has been expanded byparts acc. to DIN 11851. Also new are parts from the catalogue of the company Kieselmann.
- Exchanging symbols
You can now choose whether you want to exchange P+ID symbols via a reference symbol (as in previous versions) or determine a matching symbol via the symbol selection dialogue (new).
- Edit pipeline symbols from a different sheet
You can now even edit a pipeline symbol that does not exist on the current drawing sheet, but to which pipeline parts or pipeline info symbols have been subordinated on the current sheet.