HiCAD 2019 - CAD for all-rounders and specialists
With its Major Release of HiCAD 2019 the ISD Group presents you once more with a plethora of highlights and enhancements throughout its different industry solutions. One notable highlight is, for instance, the new Profile Installation module for a fast and easy realisation of industrial facades. With the help of this module, profiles can be installed on different layers on a sketch, while inserts can be omitted with freely selectable offsets, and transverse joints can be cut in different ways (butt joint, overlapping joint, rigid joint, ...). Furthermore, the profiles can be subdivided into different packages (“Packaging”), and the profile lengths can be adjusted before shipping to reduce the number of different profile lengths to be shipped. For complete installations, BOMs and drawings can be generated automatically. Another prominent highlight is the new Textures tool. HiCAD 2019 offers a multitude of new textures, e.g. for architecture, metals and non-metals. Also, new functions for assigning of new textures, the creating of new or changing of existing textures are available.
Other highlights include the redesign of the 3-D part structure in the ICN, the enhanced 3-D sketch functions, the concentric transformation for exploded views, the introduction of so-called “dependent assemblies”, the optimized Staircase Configurator dialogue, the QOMET-specific BOMs in Steel Engineering, the new Down-grade Editor in Plant Engineering or the completely revised functionality for flanges along sketches in Sheet Metal.
- New Part Structure Representation in the ICN
The Part structure representation in the ICN has been redesigned:
- Improved performance, notably with complex drawings
- Tabular, multicolumn representation
- Sorting by click on the column header
- Individual configuration of the representation
- Fast switching of the representation of HiCAD and HELiOS attributes
- New features for textures
- Texture Editor for creating new textures
- New dialogue for assigning of textures
- A multitude of new textures, e.g. for architecture, metals and non-metals
- Convert "old" itemisation to new standard itemisation
As of HiCAD 2019 it is automatically determined which mode is being used for Itemisation, i.e. it is not possible to select the mode via Configuration Management. It depends on the current drawing which mode is active:
- For drawings created with HiCAD 2019 or older drawings which have not been itemised yet, Standard Itemisation is being used (since HiCAD 2018).
- Conversely, the mode Itemisation up to HiCAD 2017 is only used for drawings created with a version before HICAD 2019 and which have been -at least partially- itemised with the old mode.
- For converting Itemisations to the Standard Itemisation as of HiCAD 2018, the function Convert to standard itemisation is available.
- Enhancements for drawing derivation
- In facade engineering, sheet metal is used as bent profile or tray panel. It is often requested that these sheet metals are also to be dimensioned automatically in standard views when creating workshop drawings (top view, side view, front view) and that the processings are taken into consideration next to the outer dimensions. For this purpose HiCAD 2019 offers special dimensioning rules.
- As of HiCD 2019 it is possible via Dimensioning setting to determine whether the 90° bend angle should be dimensioned for drawing derivation in the sectional view of folded sheets.
- Shortenings are displayed uniformely.
- AutoSync of Part Attributes and HELiOS Article Master Data
With the new function Article master sync when saving you can specify which part attributes are to be synchronized with which article master data. These attributes are synchronized automatically with each saving procedure.
- Improved performance
- The HiCAD function dialogues work significantly faster because of internal adjustments (this concerns body-wise saving).
- The collision check works much faster by means of factor 3 as of HiCAD 2019.
- Catalogue enhancements for fasteners
- DIN ISO 7379 - Hexagon socket head shoulder screws,
- DIN 444-B - Eye bolts,
- DIN 7500 - Thread-cutting screws
- Free general access to PARTS4CAD
As of HiCAD 2019 you are granted with free access to more than 500 manufacturer's catalogues via the web catalogue parts4cad by Cadenas. The access to the extended catalogue range (DIN/ISO/EN… Norms + all 800 manufacturer's catalogues) is fee-based.
- New options for exploded views
- Besides the Move and Rotate function, another transformation type for exploded views, Concentricity , is now available. Use this function to define concentric transformations in the Exploded view mode. This makes sense if you want to transform parts that are arranged concentrically around a common centre, e.g. bolts arranged on a polar or radial grid.
- From now on, sectional and detail views as well as cut-outs can be transformed into exploded views.
- Cut-outs can be created and edited in an exploded view. The explosion will be temporarily removed.
- Enhanced annotations
- You have now the option to use part filters annotation templates for automatic part and part list annotation. Specific annotation templates can be assigned to these filters via the Configuration Editor, which allows you to use different annotation templates for beams, plates (Steel Engineering) and sheets (Sheet Metal).
- It is possible to to add additional leader lines to a part annotation.
- Annotations within one or several selection rectangles can be deleted in one step.
- Enhanced dimensioning
- For heights above datum new, additional symbols for dimension line terminations are available: Height above datum, Circle, with cross, unfilled, and Height above datum, Circle, with cross, half filled.
- You can now also set the unit of measurement and the number of decimal places for the 2nd dimension figure.
- The pre-settings for projection lines of angular dimensions can now be specified separately.
- Dependent assemblies
In addition to the already existing Dependent part function, HiCAD now also offers the Dependent assembly function. You can use this function to replace a referenced assembly in the model drawing with a dependent assembly. The difference between a dependent assembly and a referenced assembly is that the dependent assembly is only synchronized in one direction. That is, only changes to the original assembly will be taken over into the dependent assembly, and not the other way round. This can be useful if, for instance, you need to modify a part to enable its mounting, e.g. by applying bores to it. Referenced parts would also apply the bores in other model drawings, which is not the case when you use them in a dependent assembly. However, if the original drawing is changed, (e.g. by applying bores, but also ba adding or deleting parts), these changes will be taken over into the dependent assembly.
- New part type 3-D
HiCAD 2019 now distinguishes between the part types Sketch and 3-D sketch. Planar sketches and 3-D sketches are marked with different symbols in the ICN, and the part filters for the Find function can now be used separately for planar sketches and 3-D sketches. Furthermore 3-D sketches benefit from the advantages for planar seketches, e.g. the assignment can be assigned of a purpose that influences their representation, the assignment of a Part coordinate system etc. The new part type 3-D sketch replaces the C-edge parts. In addition, parts with lines can be converted into 3D sketches. This makes sense if, for instance, you want to import parts via the 3-D interface.
- Clone part, parametric
The previous four functions Clone, Parametric... have been combined into one new, central function called Clone parts (parametric).
- Multitude HCM enhancements
- Revised display of HCM constraints in the ICN, e.g. new symbols for constraints, marking of fixed or fully defined parts, sort by geometry or by by constraints, Sortieren nach Geometrie oder Bedingungen, standardized indication of errors, comment for HCM constraints etc.
- Display of degrees of freedom in model drawings
- Redesigned HCM function groups, so that the most frequently needed HCM functions are now directly available and need no longer be called from sub-menus
- Switching of coordinate system during processing of 3-D sketches and improved UNDO in sketches with HCM model
- Consistent display of parametric dimensions
- Automatic updating for HCM models of superordinate assemblies when applying changes to a par
With the update to CADfix 12 the following format versions will now be available to HiCAD:
- CATIA V5 2018,
- NX 12,
- SolidWorks 2018,
- Creo 5.0 and
- JT v9.0
- STL import
- As of HiCAD 2019 you are able to read ASCII based as well as binary STL files via the import dialogue window Drawing > New/Open > Open > Step, Iges
HiCAD 2019 supports the IFC4 format for import and export. The export in IFC format has been enhanced with the option to export displayed parts only instead of the whole drawing. Furthermore, the performance of the IFC export has improved significantly.
The NCX Export has been enhanced with two options for the optimum handling of saw cuts.
- Flange along sketch
You can use the completely revised Flange along sketch function to attach several flanges to a sheet in one step. As soon as your value inputs are sufficient, a preview of the new flanges will be displayed, i.e. when you choose a sketch and a connecting edge, the possible flanges are will be shown on the Sheet Metal part.
- Revised Sheet Metal Ribbon tab
To further improve the user-friendliness of the Sheet Metal tab, some functions were combined into new function groups and moved to the first, immediately visible level of the UI.
- Enhanced context menu for bend zones
The context menu for bend zones has been expanded, now offering new Subtract and Divide functions. This allows you to apply straight cuts to or divide bend zones without having to switch to the functions on the 3-D Standard tab.
- Attach long flange to short flange, with relief groove
When attaching flanges a relief groove is now applied to the new flange if it projects beyond the connecting edge.
- Preserve bend zone texts in shortened views
Bend zone texts will now be preserved in shortened views of sheet developments.
- Allowance method and bend radius in Feature log
In some Sheet Metal function dialogue windows you can activate a From semi-finished product option for bend radius and allowance method. If you have selected these options, you can see the relevant value in the Feature log.
- Enhanced dimensioning rules for sheet metal
In facade engineering, sheet metal is used as bent profile or tray panel. It is often requested that these sheet metals are also to be dimensioned automatically in standard views when creating workshop drawings (top view, side view, front view) and that the processings are taken into consideration next to the outer dimensions. For this purpose HiCAD 2019 offers special dimensioning rules.
- QOMET-specific BOMs
HiCAD 2019 supports the output of QOMET-specific BOMs. QOMET is an ERP system, designed specifically for use in Steel and Metal Engineering. The BOMs can be output for the entire drawing or for the active part and contain particular columns of the Excel BOM for Steel Engineering (hicad_Stahlbau.xlsc ), which are specifically relevant for QOMET systems. Output takes place in the CSV format.
- Loading of the current article master of semi-finished products in attached parts
In previous versions, existing article masters of semi-finished products were not transferred to HiCAD when inserting attached parts such as Steel Engineering connections, stairs, railings, element installations, profile installations etc. From HiCAD 2019 onwards this behaviour can be changed via a setting in the Configuration Editor.
- Enhanced Staircase Configurator dialogue window
Die The Calculation tab of the Staircase Configurator is now much more intuitive. The different types of stair starts and ends can now be chosen via symbols. The info graphic of the staircase in the dialogue window will be automatically adjusted in the process.
- Cross-bracing (2602) - Position of connection of gusset plate
If you choose a rectangular plate as gusset plate on the Fixing tab of the Cross-bracing (2602) dialogue window, various selection options on the Connecting point tab will be available to you, allowing you to influence the position of the connection on the gusset plate.
- Exchanging beams created along composite edges
From HiCAD 2019 onwards beams created along composite edges can be exchanged.
- DXF export of multi-layered glass panes
When carrying out DXF exports via Sheet Metal > Sheet development > Export > Sheets glass panes will also be considered for export as of HiCAD 2019. If there are multi-layered glass panes, the individual glass layers will be exported.
- Sketch-based series
User-defined series can now not only be created from 2-D parts, but also from 3-D parts that contain assemblies and sketches.
- Taking over of U-values of LogiKal glasses
When importing glasses from LogiKal, the U-value (thermal transfer coefficient) of the glasses will be taken over into the System attribute §26.
- New functions for linked documents
The Linked documents function now has a pull-down menu with further functions for linked documents: Model drawing with part, Production drawing/s, Mounting/customer drawings amd itemised source model.
- Derive, active assembly(-ies) without sub-parts
The Derive, active assembly(-ies) with sub-parts function now has a pull-down menu with the Derive, active assembly(-ies) without sub-parts function. Here, too, the active assembly will be copied, but with the following difference:
- The article masters, indices and item numbers of the sub-parts are preserved.
- The Workflow status of the sub-parts remains unchanged.
- The links of the sub-parts to the drawings are preserved.
- This function can make sense if you insert a released assembly a second time, and want to add just another beam there, without changing the sub-parts.When itemising the derived assembly, only the item numbers of the assembly will be continued; the sub-parts will retain their original item numbers.
- Set workflow status for active assemblies back, without sub-parts
Zeichnungen der aktiven Baugruppe mit dem Workflowstatus in Prüfung lassen sich jetzt auch auf den Workflowstatus in Arbeit zurücksetzen, ohne dass die Zeichnungen der Nebenteile der Baugruppe berücksichtigt werden. Drawings and all their sub-parts can bei reset from the Workflow status Checkup to the Workflow status In progress again. Drawings for sub-parts of the assembly will not be considered here.
- Change details of mounting/customer drawings - New context menu functions
The context menu for the changing of box dimensions of the Detail function has been adjusted to that of the Mounting drawing function on the Drawing tab. This means that you can now select new boxes, or delete boxes in mounting drawings and customer drawings that have been created via the Management + BIM module.
- Automatically create/update drawing for active assembly
New in HiCAD 2019 is the Active assembly(-ies) with sub-parts function. You use this function to automatically create workshop/detail drawings and update workshop/detail drawings after modifying the assembly models.
The performance for insertion and processing of element installations could be significantly improved in HiCAD 2019.
- New auxiliary functions for the creation of user-defined profiles for sub-structures
The conncetion of parts to a sub-structure or to an installed element has been considerably simplified.
- Conditions and error messages in user-defined dialogues
For installation elements you can now assign conditions for the utilized variables. In addition, error messages can be defined that are displayed if the conditions for the insertion of the element are not fulfilled.
- Suspended ALUCOBOND® panels
- For suspended ALUCOBOND panels, too, you can now select the Level of detail can now be selected, i.e. you can choose between Exact or simplified representation (Draft).
- you can now specify a new Clearance for condensation parameter. The default setting is 12 mm.
- You can now specify a fold angle for attics.
- A new sub-structure of the type ALUCOBOND suspended, sub-structure is now available.
- ALUCOBOND® SZ20 tray panels
If you choose the option Vertical section - Connection, top: Window connection, parapet when installing ALUCOBOND SZ 20 tray panels, an additional, angular fixing bracket will now be inserted. If you connect such an element installation with a sub-structure, the sub-structure will be shortened accordingly and bores will be applied to the substructure and the fixing bracket.
- New Module Profile Installation
The new module Profile Installation (optional) provides convenient options for a fast and easy realisation of industrial facades. With the help of this module, profiles can be installed on different layers on a sketch, while inserts can be omitted with freely selectable offsets, and transverse joints can be cut in different ways (butt joint, overlapping joint, rigid joint, ...). Furthermore, the profiles can be subdivided into different packages (“Packaging”), and the profile lengths can be adjusted before shipping to reduce the number of different profile lengths to be shipped. For complete installations, BOMs and drawings can be generated automatically.
- Change insertion direction
In previous versions the insertion direction of pipe parts on guidelines - In edge direction or In opposite edge direction - needed to be specified during part selection. After part selection the direction could not be changed any more. As of HiCAD 2019 it is possible to change the insertion direction of a part during its placing in the drawing.
- Free selection of rotation axis and extended UNDO
- The dialogue for rotating of parts after their insertion has been revised. Up to HiCAD 2018 you could only select one connection number here. As of HiCAD 2019 rotation axis and rotation direction will be graphically visualized and the rotation axis can be freely selected.
- The functionality of the UNDO button in the Rotation angle menu has been enhanced. Previously, the angles had been added here and then, all rotations were revoked with one UNDO action. In some situations this had led to errors, e.g. in situations where a part was first rotated, then the connecting point was changed and, finally, the part was rotated again. As of HiCAD 2019, the UNDO button revokes the rotation about the last selected rotation axis. If the rotation is 0°, the last change of the rotation axis will be revoked. In this way, it is possible to revoke several axis changes and several rotations independently from each other.
- Down-grade Editor
With the new Down-grade Editor you can assign down-grades to individual sections of a pipeline.
- Using existing article masters for automatic deriving of variants
If Plant Engineering variants with existing HELiOS article masters are to be used, you had only the option to enter a matching HELiOS URL for each sub-type directly during part synchronization. On the one hand, this procedure is very tiresome, and on the other hand, it requires at least the explicit permission to create article masters in HELiOS. Especially the latter may be problematic in configurations where HELiOS obtains the article masters downstream from other ERP systems. To support such cases, the mechanism for automatic variant derivation has been enhanced.
- Take over user-defined attributes from P+ID
You can assign P+ID dialogue types to Plant Engineering attributes. When you change one of the assigned dialogue types for a symbol in a P+ID, and then switch to the 3-D layout plan via P+ID > Link to 3-D > Assigned 3-D layout plan , the new value of the dialogue field will be applied to the attributes of the part.
- VariantenEditor.exe – modified / enhanced dialogues
- The file dialogue windows of the Variant Editor for VAA files have been adjusted to Windows 10..
- Changed attribute assignments can be automatically be taken over to the other languages.
- In cases where Plant Engineering variants with existing HELiOS article masters had to be used for the deriving of variants with varying sub-types, HiCAD 2018 only provided the possibility to enter, for each sub-type, a matching HELIOS URL directly during part data synchronization. To provide help in such cases, the mechanism for automatic deriving has been enhanced in HiCAD 2019.
- Block symbols
HiCAD now supports so-called block symbols. These are symbols that represent a P+ID sheet.
- More templates for BOMs
More templates for BOMs based on P+ID projects are now available.